I’ve been on a healthy’ish diet as of late (low-carb to be precise) and with eating healthier means coming up with healthy snacks. Snacks are probably my weaknesses. The kids eat snacks twice a day, I’ve been eating snacks twice a day. Most of the snacks I eat are cookies, sweets, and more cookies. I like cookies. A lot. When I started my low carb diet, low card snacks (especially cookies) are extremely scarce or taste like cardboard.
Instead, I researched snacks for the kids (and me) that are both easy, healthier and have a good taste. Enter, the fruit roll-up. Now most of us are familiar with these:
Didn’t we all grow up on these delicious fruit snacks? The problem is that they have a lot of extra stuff in there that isn’t exactly good for your body. Instead I found a recipe to make your own fruit roll ups using only 2 ingredients. That’s right only 2 ingredients. Here’s my recipe for making fresh fruit rollups
- 2-3 Cups fresh strawberries
- 2-3 tbsp Honey
- (You can use any mixture of fruit, raspberry, blackberry, strawberry)
- Cut tops off of strawberries
- Put strawberries in food processor or blender
- Add honey
- Mix until paste like
- Turn oven on 170* (the lowest temperature it will go)
- Take a flat sheet pan and put plastic wrap on the pan
- Spread mixture evenly on plastic wrap tip its about 1/8"-1/4" thick
- Put in oven for 4-6 hours or until the middle is done
- Take out and let cool
- Peel fruit off pan and cut into strips.